Calvary Bible Church Response and Policies as we safely reinstate in person services.
Starting May 3, 2020 we will resume our morning service which will begin at 11;00 am. During the continued stay at home and shelter in place that that Governor Whitmer has currently placed the citizens of Michigan until May 15, 2020. The leadership of Calvary Bible Church believes that we can safely meet while practicing social distancing. We under stand that EACH family dynamic will be different and we will support you in your choices. We will continue to live stream and phone conference each service. We will add more services throughout the month of May. We are asking high risk members to stay home during first stage of services openings.
Sunday Morning service May 3 at 11:00 am you are welcome to come and worship with us at the church building. We look forward to the reunion Sunday.
Calvary Bible Church
Re-opening Guidelines and Procedures
Plan to resume services on May 3 & 10, 2020 with just the 11AM service
Wednesday Night Prayer Meetings are set to resume on May 17th
*High Risk People per the CDC are asked to please stay home for right now*
*Nursery and Kids Programs will start at a later (to be determined) date*
For the latest information, updates or if you have any questions please check the church website (calvarybibleministries.org) or call the church at 269-782-7296
Preventative measures to allow services and prevent the spread of the virus
***If any one of these apply to you, please stay home!***
- If you are sick (fever, cough, sneezing, flu like symptoms)
- If you have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with the coronavirusor who might have the virus (flu, cough, respiratory symptoms)(Meaning of Contact: non- clinical environment)
- If you are considered a High-Risk person per the CDC guidelines
Directly from CDC website
People 65 years and older
People who live in a nursing home or long-term care facility
People of all ages with underlying medical conditions, particularly if not well controlled, including:
People with chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
People who have serious heart conditions
People who are immunocompromised
Many conditions can cause a person to be immunocompromised, including cancer treatment, smoking, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, and prolonged use of corticosteroids and other immune weakening medications.
People with severe obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 40 or higher)
People with diabetes
People with chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis
People with liver disease
How to prepare the church for services
- Doors to church, auditorium and all bathrooms propped open.
- Hand sanitizer stations set up at the church entry points.
- Masks available at all entries for those who want to wear a mask or bring your own mask if you prefer.
- Offering plate placed in central location for easy drop off.
- Pews clearly marked where people/family units can sit and maintain safe social distancing.
- Clean and Disinfect (Standard practice ~ but enhanced during this time)
* Before and After every meeting, we will be cleaning and disinfecting every touchable surface. This includes hymnals, tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
Recommendations for all of us to limit the spread of the virus
- No handshaking or hugs. Ordinarily, we would greet each other by shaking hands or by a hug. For the time being, please find a way to affectionately greet each other without physical contact. As an example: a smile or kind word.
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet when talking with others and when seated in the auditorium.
- Use hand sanitizer when entering and leaving the church.
- Follow practices of good hygiene.
- Wash hands with warm soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover cough and sneezes with a tissue or your elbow.
- Don’t touch your face (eyes/mouth/nose areas with your hands)
- Avoid congregating in the foyer as much as possible. More space in auditorium to talk and keep social distancing.
- Respect the decisions and choices of others as they decide what is best for them and their family concerning how to protect themselves from the virus.
If you are uncertain about any of these procedures or have a question please feel free to contact the church at 269-782-7296. Thank you!