Thank you for your interest in Calvary Bible Academy. We count it a privilege to be of service to your family and our local community. The next few pages will inform you about the Christian education we offer at Calvary Bible Academy.
– Pastor Stacey Wilder, Principal
It is our purpose here at Calvary Bible Academy to establish and maintain a firm and meaningful relationship with each family. Our goal is to meet the mental, emotional and spiritual well-being of our students and their families. This information will help you to determine if Calvary Bible Academy is right for you and your family.
Goal and Foundation
The goal and foundation of Calvary Bible Academy is found in a Christ-centered philosophy aimed at developing the total child. The philosophy of humanism, which denies God, the Bible, and morality, has had an increasing influence on many public and, private schools. The wise and caring parent now has an alternative through Christian Education. The curriculum, methods, and discipline used in Calvary Bible Academy are designed to build character and maintain a high academic standard. We have built-in incentives to instill Godly character, integrity, and a quality education into the lives of our students.
Calvary Bible Academy uses Christian technology to help train and teach our students. Watch the following video to see what current technology can do for your child’s learning. Ignitia can work for you and your child.
1. Integrating Biblical Philosophy With Education. The pupil must be placed on a level of the curriculum where he can best perform. Level acknowledges that all students are different. “So we, being many, . . . Having gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us . . .” (Romans 12:5-6)
2. The pupil must set reasonable and appropriate goals which he can be expected to achieve in a reasonable and prescribed period of time. Goals reflect good judgment. “For which of you . . . sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost. . . .” (Luke 14:18)
3. The pupil must receive motivation through encouragement and support and achieve control through guidance and discipline in order to assimilate, use, and experience the educational material. Motivation is that inner desire prompted by the concerned supervisor/teacher. “Whatsoever ye do, do it heartily as to the Lord. . .” (Colossians 3:23) Control acknowledges the necessity = for discipline, guidance, and responsible leadership. “Train up a child in the way he should go. . . .” (Proverbs 22:6)
4. The pupil’s learning must have appropriate measurement applied to the results. Measurement of results relates to accountability. “For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall much be required. . . .” (Luke 12:48)
5. The pupil’s learning must receive recognition and reward for its value, effort, and significance. The reward is the proper recognition for the student’s effort. “Reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:13-14)
The desire of Calvary Bible Academy is to reach families and help Christian parents to train their child for Christ. To reach the desired results of a quality Christian education there must be a thoughtful understanding between three parties: the family seeking to enter a child in CBA, the Academy, and the local church.
Download Academy Information Documents
Calvary Bible Academy was established as a ministry of Calvary Bible Church in 1981.
Founder: Dr Robert Vickroy
Dr. Vickroy is the founder of CBA and was pastor of CBC for 40 years. He graduated from Bob Jones University in 1968 with a Bachelor’s degree. He received an honorary doctorate from Bob Jones University 1992. Retired in 2017
Administrator – Principal: Pastor Stacey Alan Wilder
Pastor Stacey Wilder is a 1985 graduate of CBA. He has his Bachelor’s degree in Bible from Bob Jones University 1990 and has been Principal since 1991. He received ACE training from Accelerated Christian Education located in Lewisville, Texas.
Supervisor: Mrs. Tami Wilder
Mrs. Tami Wilder is a 1985 graduate of CBA. She has her Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education from Bob Jones University 1989. She has been Supervisor during the years of 1991 -1993 and 2000 to present.
Kindergarten: Mrs. Jessica Wilder (CBA presently does not have Kindergarten)
Mrs. Jessica Wilder is our former kindergarten teacher. She graduated from West Coast Baptist Baptist College in 2014. Jessica also works in our learning center. She serves in our local church as well.
Staff: Nathan Wilder
Mr. Nathan Wilder attended West Coast Baptist from 2013-2014. He then came to intern at Calvary Bible Church while completing his bachelors degree from Baptist College of America. He graduated from Baptist College of America in 2017.
Class of 2017. Graduation of 2017 was a real encouragement. A 2010 Graduate of CBA Theron Crawford Jr. was our commencement speaker. Pastor Crawford is presently helping to plant a Church in Wyoming, Michigan. Our Graduating class was Joel Spring, Jocey Amaya, and Harmony Stapleton. Our graduation class of 2017 all went on to attend PCC in Pensacola, Florida. We are also pleased to announce that Halie White graduated from our home school division. Haley is enrolled at Moody Bible College.
|Accelerated Christian Education, Inc. (ACE) P.O. box 299000 Lewisville, Texas 75029-9000 Phone: 1-800-925-7777 www.acemininstries.com||Alpha Omega Publications 300 North Mckemy Avenue Chandler, AZ. 85226-2618 Phone: 1-800-622-3070 www.aop.com Curriculum: Ignita Education Curriculum|
School Hours Monday – Friday: School 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Office 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.