Calvary Bible Church Family and Community
WE ARE HAVING SERVICES MARCH 15
As we are all fully aware, there is a growing concern regarding the recent exposure within our state to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We wanted to take a moment to share with you our thoughts regarding how and when we will meet for the time being.
At this time, we are NOT planning to cancel any scheduled services. The state of Michigan has restricted gatherings of 250 people or more. Our average attendance is under that threshold, therefore allowing us to continue to meet.
2 Timothy 1:7 states, “God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind.” When we do meet, each service with be filled with power, love and hope.
However, as a consideration for those which might be attending and are considered to be vulnerable to the virus, we have put in place measures to ensure our facilities follow recommended CDC practices.
OUR Plan To Help You:
Clean and Disinfect (Standard practice ~ but enhanced during this time)
* Before and After every meeting, we will be cleaning and disinfecting every touchable surface. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
* We will strategically place hand sanitizer for guest use throughout the buildings.
We need YOUR help in this as well.
Here is how YOU can help us:
When Greeting Someone
* Ordinarily, we would greet each other by shaking hands or by a hug. For the time being, please find a way to affectionately greet each other without physical contact. As an example: a smile or kind word.
Clean Your Hands
* Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing (These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.)
* If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Stay Home If You Are Sick
* With the exception of seeking medical care, stay home if you are sick, especially if you symptomatic (coughing with a fever and shortness of breath, etc).
* If your child is NOT fever free for 24 hours without medication, please do NOT send them to Sunday School. Keep them home.
We Live Streaming our services. If you or someone you are caring for is sick, stay home and join us on the Live Stream. You may go to church website to live stream
Lastly, we would ask that you join us in prayer for our families, community, and world. Many will find these times challenging and some may even feel hopeless as a result of these unprecedented days. Please check on those you have contact or influence with. From time to time, we all need to be encouraged. Let’s be that salt and light we commissioned to be.
Pastor Stacey Wilder